Saturday, July 28, 2007

Today is the first day...



... of the rest of your life. That quip seems appropriate as I embark on on this new venture via blogging.

My husband often complains that I am resistant to change. He is right. I like to know what I am doing so that I can do it well. Change requires learning and practice before one can begin raising the bar.

Without my husband, I'd still be stuck at the typewriter with a bottle of whiteout. Well, maybe not. I might have bought myself a home computer. One thing's for sure. I'd still be shooting 35mm film and waiting days to see photo results. I knew my Canon AE-1 Program inside and out. Who wouldn't after 23 years and thousands of frames? For years I jeered, "Don't bother me with a digital camera until the quaility is as good."

Last year my husband bought a Sony Cybershot for my birthday. That gift changed everything. Now I get results immediately and can share them with a few clicks of the mouse. So... there's no turning back on this count.

However, when my husband suggested abandoning my email list and opening a blogsite, I'll admit – I flinched. More change. More steps to learn. And the biggie – What will happen when I open up my work up to the public?

Today I take the plunge... letting you in with a view from the hilltop of our north-central Minnesota community and Along Life's Road. Enjoy the ride.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to join you on your blogging journey. I know that the ride will be amazing. The view so far (via e-mails) has brought laughter, tears, moments of insight, and the joy of calling you my friend. Blessings on your travels! ;)

Anonymous said...

Bummer...thought I'd be the first to log on to your technology journey....ok 2nd is just as good as I do comment on most of your awesome work! Good luck and I hope you find this moves you onto more incredible journeys.... More people can now view your beautiful photos and stories without everyone having to forward our copies! Makes it easier on a sister ;-)
Ant B

Anonymous said...

By the looks of your photo it appears your blog is going to be downhill all the way!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Now the world will be able to see some wonderful pictures I hope. Those, and the stories from life, brings me and my family, most of the time, alot joy and sometimes tears. Kram Anna

Anonymous said...

From here in Hyderbad, India, the Minnesota homeland sounds and looks so comforting...even if you do have to "walk the ledge" from time to time. Missing Home, Mark.