Monday, May 25, 2009

God Bless America


Ever wonder: Why me?

I did this morning. I woke up with laryngitis. For a whole week, I'd been rehearsing with our rural community's choir to sing at today's Memorial Day service.

Last year when I attended the program, I was moved by the performance of – what I call – "The Little Choir that Could." This year, I was excited to join the group. However, as I opened my mouth uttering raspy sounds this morning, Dan chided me to spare him the pain.

"There must be some reason for this," I thought.

Sitting in the audience, I realized a new opportunity:

to tape and share this Memorial Day Choral Tribute.


(Dan's singing in the back - second from the left.)

Thank you to all our veterans. And may God Bless America.

1 comment:

Michele said...

That brought tears to my eyes, Wendy! So beautiful. And, WOW, can your friends--and dear husband--sing! They hit all of those high notes, including the very last one, and that's not easy to do. Congratulations to them, and to you for finding an upside to losing your voice.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Memorial Day.