Thursday, May 22, 2008

Country Living




I miss Country Living –

not the place

(We're still here
in the foothills of
rural Minnesota)


but the magazine.






Each month,
I looked forward
to strolling
down our driveway,
opening the mailbox
and picking out
a big book
filled with
seasonal photos
and
inspirational ideas.




I especially
enjoyed the
one-page
spreads
featuring
nine small
photos

– in three
lines of
three –


that told a simple yet vibrant story.


But
a
couple
months
ago,
my
subscription
ran
out.



I
didn't
renew,

because

our
house

is
under
reconstruction

and...





...I am

desperately

trying

to simplify.




Even with
no piles
of publi-
cations
for
inspiration,

I am
inclined

to create...


especially
when my
neighbor
drops off
a bundle
of her
garden-
fresh
tulips
and pear
blossoms.


(Tell me a photographer who COULD resist? Not I.)


There really is

nothing like

Country Living –

and this time

I mean

the place!




To thoughtful neighbors. Thanks, Kim!

No comments: