Friday, September 7, 2007

Miracles Galore


Take care to wonder at the world through which you wander.

Never hurry by an open door.

For you live in a universe
full of miracles galore.

Look for God
in small things.

Drops of rain
or grain of sand.

Praise Him whenever
you find Him
in anything small.

Years ago as a parochial-school first grader, I learned this song from my teacher – a little nun with piercing eyes hidden behind black, cat-eye glasses and her hair tucked under a habit. Although her mannerisms often frightened me back then, she instilled in me a love for our Creator and all the world's beauty by using this song.

This morning – more than three decades later – those words rushed back to me as I wandered through my flower garden, seeing life restored, after last night's rain.

Aiming my camera at the snap dragon Isaac gave me for Mother's Day, I noticed on the bloom – a tiny spider covered with droplets.

Then I turned my camera onto beads of water gathered on daylily leaves. Reviewing the shot, I noticed that I'd captured a burst of reflecting sunlight. Small things...
Great wonders!

How I wish that I could remember more than that song's refrain and first verse. Still, the words – I do recall – offer immense comfort as I wander... discovering Miracles Galore.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I sang this song as a child too--taught also by a nun :) God bless you!

Wonderful World

Take care to wonder at the world in which you wander.Never hurry by an open door, for you live in a universe Full of miracles galore.

1. Look for God in small things; drops of rain or a grain of sand
Praise Him whenever you find Him in anything small.

2. Look for God in bright things; someone’s eyes or the skies at noon
Praise Him whenever you find Him in anything bright.

3. Look for God in dark things; storms at dusk or a brother’s pain.
Praise Him whenever you find Him in anything dark.

Jill said...

I read a bit lower and saw the picture of your guitar and thought you might like having the chords too.

G Em
Take care to wonder
G Em
at the world in which you wander.
Am D
Never hurry by an open door,
G Am
for you live in a universe
D7 G Em Am D7
Full of miracles galore.

G Em Am D7
1. Look for God in small things;
G Em Am D7
drops of rain or a grain of sand
G Em
Praise Him whenever
Am D7 G
you find Him in anything small.

Mr.Saeed said...

nice blog! can you kindly help tell me who/where this was quoted from- "take time to wonder as through this world you wander. Never hurry by an open door, for we live in a universe full of miracles galore..." thanks

Wendy said...

The words are the opening lines of James Thiem's song called "Wonder-Full World" copyright 1966 & 1967. Here's the link to the blog post I wrote a year after this post explaining how I found the "lost treasure."

http://alonglifesroad.blogspot.com/2008/06/take-care-to-wonder.html