Monday, July 30, 2012

Crossroads

Every day,
I walk.

I do it
for my own health
as well as
to exercise
our dog.







Each time,
I carry
my camera.
















I do it to
keep track of time
and
capture images
along the way.











Always,
I wonder.












I do it out of
appreciation
for our environment
as well as
 to share joy.












Every day
I ponder:








What
novelty
is left? 












Each time,
I am
surprised.









Always,
I find joy.













Some days
finding joy
is more
difficult
than others.








On those days,
I must remember
to let go and allow life
to unfold at its own pace.













My job
is to
observe
while
I am
moving.











I am to be
aware of
my
surroundings.















I am to be
alert to
passers-by.











I am to be
ready when
we meet.















When I
am open,
the result is







 a joyful
encounter
at the Crossroads.






Sharing the "Best of the Best" images from a month's worth of walks Along Life's Road.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post today! Words & photos.... I love the frog peeking through the leaves!
B.

Wendy said...

Hey B.

Glad you enjoyed the post! My favorite image is the honey bee in flight.

I was at the end of my (July 30th) walk having given up on "finding joy" that day. At the corner of our property, I spotted a stand of yellow flowers. Lo and behold, several honey bees sipping nectar.

I snapped several shots before inspiration struck to take the next one at lift off. I couldn't believe how plump the pollen baskets on this bee's legs were and how extended its proboscis (tubular tongue)! The experience inspired the script for this post.

Anonymous said...

My favorite was the bird with the bug in its mouth. What a shot to encounter with a camera.

Great post!

TJ

Wendy said...

Funny you mention that bird with the bug, TJ. Via a bird i.d. website, I discovered it's a female dickcissel. She was very persisent during my walk along the road, chirping and posing with this bug first on a fence post, then on this bush, and later on a corn stalk. She seemed very proud of her catch, and as though she wanted her portrait taken. I'm still amazed at the results my little Sony Cybershot pulled off from the distance.