Thursday, April 11, 2013

His True Birthday

They say: History repeats itself.

And today, April 11, 2013, our kids came home early from school just like they did five years ago, April 11, 2008, when we were hit with a 12-inch snowstorm.

As Aaron walked in the door at noon bemoaning today's snow flurry, I said, "Today is Blizzard's birthday."

"Is it?" he cheered. "Well then, it's his TRUE birthday!"

Indeed, "BeeZord" - as the boys call the marmalade gib - was named for the storm in which he was born. At the time, Aaron came home from his sixth-grade classes and sat in the bedroom closet acting as midwife for his mama cat, "Tickles."




Here's how I remember:
http://alonglifesroad.blogspot.com/2008/04/blizzard-birth.html

"He's FIVE years old today," I added. Aaron said, "Five years? It seems more like two or three. I've gotta give that guy a hug!"







Happy TRUE Birthday, Blizzard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Bruce and coco wish him one too! Bruce looks as big as him!KG

Anonymous said...

Cool way to remember the day! Happy Birthday Blizzard!

Glad to see an update especially because FB has taken over you (but understandable!)
B.

Wendy said...

KG: Thanks for birthday wishes from BeeZord's siblings.

B: I found my "password" so that I could make an update. And, I've just discovered, Blogger has made adding photos easier!