Friday, February 7, 2014

How Much is Enough?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

There's no such thing as bad weather, only and inadequate "sweater."

Today I wondered about the literal meaning of this loose translation of a Norwegian proverb.


So after my morning walk with Moose, I stepped on the scale outfitted in full gear for double-digits below-zero wind chills. I made a mental note of the weight called "x."

Next I disrobed, stepped on the scale again, and made a mental note of a weight called "y."

It was a simple science-fair sort of project.

How much "bundling up" must one do to keep warm while exercising in the middle of this particular season of Minnesota winter?

My answer:   x-y=18 pounds or 8.16kg

Maybe it's time to update my "sweater?" Or, maybe it's flat out time for a change in weather?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...but it is worth it I guess :-)

Wendy said...

Most certainly worth it, Anna! There's nothing quite like the exhilaration one experiences after engaging in battle with nature. And a daily fix keeps the happy hormones flowing. The biggest battle is finding the motivation to pull on the gear.

Wendy said...

And of course, this enjoyment is all possible only when one has a warm home available upon return!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like the smile it puts on one's face to see weight loss... even if it's "clothing" weight loss!!!

Great blog!
B.