Monday, December 17, 2007

Trackin' Turkeys


As I walked Moose back to his kennel, he shot off the snowy track, over to the wooded trail, circled a tree and looked up. My eyes followed suit.

The large bird in the tree explained the loud guttural noises I'd heard earlier as I walked up the lane to the mailbox while Moose exercised in the woods.







Dan's hunting dog

had rustled up

a flock of wild turkeys.

I counted four treed birds.






One
by
one,

these

giants

took

flight.


Moose followed them
back into the forest hills.

As I waited for his return, I wandered over to Noah's sunflower – still weathering the elements and clutching a few seeds in its head.

A critter trail passed nearby. Its prints were difficult to identify in the crunched snow.



Maybe

these

seeds

attracted

the

critter...

I followed the trail into the yard – where the tracks became obvious.


Like

Moose,

I also

was

Trackin'

Turkeys.

No comments: