Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cellphone Call

I was practicing my solo for Sunday's cantata as Dan walked out the door for work this morning.

A couple minutes later, I was still singing when the phone rang.

"St-ill, St-ill, Still," Dan sang into my ear from his cellphone. "You might want to get outside with your camera. The smoke from the chimney's going straight up into the air."

"Ah, I get it," I replied. "The air is Still, Still, Still."

"Yeah. It might make a cool picture," he said. "It's just an idea."

I went into the kitchen to get my camera,

noticed the sunrising through the window where a tiny nisse stood on the sill,

and shot another "Still, Still, Still" photo before venturing out

into the Stillness

about which
I'd received notice
in a Cellphone Call.

1 comment:

Pastor Heather said...

Wendy:
The stars tonight would have been a superb still picture too.....
I took Cubby out and while I was freezing I looked up and noticed the beauty of the stars....