Sunday, July 26, 2009

Out of Order

Shortly after I made the last post, our home computer died. Dan returned from his work week in San Francisco, did an online analysis and later confirmed with a local computer repair company that the iMac's logic board failed. Fixing the problem would cost hundreds of dollars. More disturbing was that after the fix, the same problem would likely strike again.

We decided to order a new computer and hope to salvage what I didn't back up on the hard drive. A lesson in diligence learned. For nearly two weeks, I've been electronics free. Yipee. (I do confess to checking emails while visiting my in-laws or when - as today - Dan brings home his laptop.) Our new computer is due to arrive the first week of August.

Meanwhile - in between regular summer vacation duties - I'm busy scrubbing, priming and painting window frames and the back porch. And for a real brain teaser, I'm trying to figure out a proper drainage system and Scandinavian landscape design for the hill and road behind our Nordic house-in-the-re-making. This engineering situation reminds where to look:


I lift my eyes up to the hills. Where shall my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, Creator of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1


Any ideas, let me know. Until next week - at least - this blogger will be Out of Order.

2 comments:

Jodi Schwen: aka, Jacqueline Pine Savage @jackypine said...

I've missed your online "voice!" I hope you didn't lose too many of your photos, stories, etc. with the computer crash.
We'll have to do a face-to-face again -- maybe mid-August?

Anonymous said...

Seriously, isn't life great without the ties of technology? Back to the simple things in life. Guess a week camping has done wonders for my mind! Enjoy your time away from the weight of technology!
;-)
B