Monday, June 21, 2010

Now Guiding Girls

"Can you take me fishing?" Aaron asked late today.

"Yes, just give me a minute," I said.

"Can we take her along?" he added.

I paused remembering our first interchange:


"Can I have his hand in marriage?" she'd said.




"He's too young," I scoffed at the joke.

"Arranged marriages," she bantered.

And I rolled my eyes.

Then, the words of his dad came into my head:

"She's not tall enough," Dad warned his son. "You need someone at least 5 foot 8!"


Undaunted, she replied:
"There's always exceptions to the rule."

As his parents, we shook our heads.

He laughed, "She's a character."

We nodded: "You said it."

And so, we agreed to meet for a fishing trip.


As I drove them to the site, I asked:
"So, you want to fish?"

"Ew!" she squirmed at the mention of fish and bait.
She admitted: "I just wanted to come along."

He gave baited the hook and gave her the rod.

She caught a fish. He took it off.





She tried to trade rods.



He smiled at her touch...










Under the moon of
the Summer Solstice,

our Bassmaster
had his first date:



Now Guiding Girls.








Coincidentally, "she" is the gal from "She REIGNS".

No comments: