Sunday, June 22, 2008

Designer Dan



Four years ago, Dan started remodeling our lower bathroom by gutting the room and ripping out the hallway wall.

That hall space, which led back to the furnace room, then became part of the bathroom. (He cut a new doorway in the TV room to access the furnace room.)



The result allowed us to replace the old free-standing shower with a full-size tub and shower.




He also ripped out the old vanity, paneling, toilet and flooring.

"I want to design this bathroom," Dan said
when I asked about
outfitting the room anew.

As I raised my eyebrows, he said, "Don't you trust me?"




"I'd like to see
your choices
before you
install them,"
I replied
and he agreed.

See if

you do

too.





From the
salvaged
three-way
mirror
and
sky-blue
paneling...


(He let me
pick the sink!)





to the
low-flush
toilet
and
free-
standing
toilet
paper
roll
holder...









to the
cedar ceiling
and
white-painted
door
and
trim...




to the

decoratively-

painted

sheet rock,

white-washed

wainscoting

and

ceramic tile.


An airy Swedish-sauna feel – ode all to Designer Dan's style! (And a bit of help from his dad, wife and a local plumber – on logistics, finishing work and securing the drain fits.)

Thanks HUN for a job well done – four years and one month this weekend. Alas, you can have YOUR peace and the boys' – theirs, too.

No comments: