Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hjemkomst=Homecoming



Today I
traveled
to Norway -

in my
mind.




I figured
it was
about time
for my escape.

My four guys
had each
had theirs.



So after Noah's
honor band
concert,

we navigated
our way

to Moorhead's
Hjemkomst Center.




The place
houses
two
modern-day 
replicas












of
ancient
Norwegian
history:









the
Hopperstad
Stave Church










found in
the community
of Vik














on
Norway's
western
coast









and the
Gokstad Ship
housed in
Oslo's
Viking Ship
Museum.













Norwegian friends
and family
who've visited
the Fargo-Moorhead area
were surprised
to learn I'd never toured
the center.








Today was
my third time
- in 18 months -
coming through
Minnesota's
northwestern region.

The rest of our day's schedule
was wide open.







What
better time
to explore
Noah's
ancestoral
heritage? 











What an
opportunity
to reminisce
on my second
homeland?










The
two-hour
tour
lived up to
the interpretive
center's name





 

"Hjemkomst=Homecoming."

No comments: