Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Take Time



Beaded snow fell
on our gravel road
late this afternoon
as I walked the dogs.




 
The fresh flakes
reminded me
of pearl sugar
on ginger bread.

I gave into
my creative
instinct.







Drawing a
gingerbread man
in the snow

reminded me of line
in a pocket-card poem

that my mother gave me
years ago.

It said,

"Take time to play;
 it is the secret
of staying young."


















I thought of another verse
while I photographed my work.

This one  came from a poem
posted ona friend's page.

It said,
"(The arts) are a very human way
to make life more bearable."




For me, this quote holds truth: 
Taking caring of mundane business
becomes easier when a person
looks for ways to express creativity.


Even walking the dogs in the beading snow becomes fun when we Take Time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post. Thanks for kick starting my Saturday!
B