Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Message from Our Sponsor

On this first day of school, Murphy's Law seemed inevitable.

It was raining after weeks of drought.

Dan's runner had a flat.

He took the car.

I kept the boys too long in the house.


They missed the bus that came early.
I needed to shower.
I took them to school instead.
I used the truck.
Its tabs expired Sunday.
I drove onto the license bureau.
Would I get pulled over enroute?
The "check engine" light flashed.
I hoped for aid if it died.

The day kept going on like this until I arrived safely home minutes before the schoolbus. I checked my emails, found this Message from Our Sponsor, and rested assured in my trials. Here's hoping you will too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfect timing for this reminder, Wendy. I'm glad you're back to blogging! Jodi